During this pandemic, I bought a few bags of red beans and didn’t know what to do with them.
So I decided to cook them with brown sugar in a slow cooker and it turned out to be a delicious and healthy condiment to a variety of food like yogurt, oatmeal, bread, etc. And it is so easy to make!
Red beans have excellent health benefits for digestion, heart, bone and skin. It also aids in weight loss and diabetes health.
½ bag of red beans
Water: 2 times the red bean volume
1. Rinse red beans in water and soak them in cold water over 6 hours.
2. Put the red beans in a pot of water and boil once. Throw out this initial water (* this boiled water contains saponin which could cause stomach trouble and cause bad taste). Rince again.
3. Put red beans + sugar (5-6 TS) + a dash of salt in a slow cooker, add fresh water and run your slow cooker.
4. Once it is cooked soft, mesh them with a spoon a bit, cool and store in the refrigerator in a jar. Add them to yogurt, ice cream, oatmeal to spice them out.
* If you like this article, please share by clicking on social media buttons on top. Thank you for your support.