Previously, I wrote about relieving knee & joint pain. (Click here). There is another supplement that is tremendously beneficial for joint health. It is deer antler. For joint pain, it is also critical to rebuild cartilage in addition to reduce inflammation. Once you wear out your knee cartilage, it is gone and irreversible. I can’t emphasize enough that you have preserve your cartilage as long as you can.
In Asia, deer antler has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. It is said to contain growth hormones related to growth and hematogenous functions, support brain, spine & bone marrow, activate blood cell generation, supplement Yang energy and strengthens muscle, ligaments, tendon, nerve tissues, bones, etc.
Its top benefit is restoring one’s general vigor by increasing the release of adrenal hormone. And some of its other benefits are:
- Restore vigor: If you are feeling tired, it can help you lift that foggy feeling and have sharper mental alertness because it contains a variety of proteins, lipids, amino acids, growth factors and minerals that suit the demands of the body.
- Joint pain & arthritis relief: It is a rich source of collagen, a building blocks of cartilage and mucopolysaccharides, which support cartilage-building and joint elasticity. Minerals and trace elements contained help reduce inflammation, promote tissue recovery. It also contains glucosamine sulphate, chondroitin sulphate, hyaluronic acid, phospholipids and glycosphingolipids that are involved supporting joint health.
- Anti-aging: It contains essential amino acids and lipids, including insulin-like growth factors (IGF-1, IGF-2) and epidermal growth factor EGF. The many minerals and trace elements, collagen, and other nutrients found in deer antler velvet, work together to reduce signs of ageing such as tissue, bone and muscle degeneration.
- Boost immune system: It has numerous antioxidants to combat oxidative stress and contains around 40 key compounds and 400 bioactive natural ingredients, which have an immunomodulatory effect on your body.
- Promotes faster healing & better eyesight: It assists in healing carious tissues.
- Enhances sexual performance: It improves blood flow and restores stamina. Also, it contains hormones such as oestrogen and testosterone that help improve fertility, treats erectile dysfunction.
- Heart health: It is known to increase red blood cell generation and improve circulation to carious tissues in traditional Chinese medicine.
- Increases athletic performance
For these reasons, I put all my family on this for knee & joint health. I buy from a high quality, non-contaminated source in New Zealand. And just like anything, don't expect results overnight. I had to take at least a month before I felt the difference.
For collagen, use 5% discount code "VRR131" at the check out at https://www.iherb.com/
* Caution: If you have high blood pressure, angina, kidney disease or other chronic illnesses, please consult your doctor before taking.
* If you like this article, please share by clicking on social media buttons on top.