Now is the perfect time to do Spring Cleaning for the house. It feels great to get organized and keep our homes clean. I think it is mentally positive and refreshing.
In ‘Eat, Pray & Love.”, a movie Julia Roberts plays Liz, she goes to India to meet a yogi hoping to find balance in her life. There, the first thing she ends up doing is scrubbing the floor while trying to recover from her toxic divorce and a subsequent failed relationships and find balance in her life. Physical cleaning could work as a tool to mental and emotional cleaning.
1. After vacuuming the wood floor, fit a clean old cotton sock onto your dust mop, wet it a little bit of water (not too much) and mop the floor. It will pick up all the dirt.
I like the sock because I can wash it (remove excess dirt first with your hand wearing a glove) and sanitize it by boiling in water with detergent periodically and dry.
It will really save you money and waste.
Sometimes I add 2-3 drops of cinnamon oil into water when I mop. Cinnamon has antimicrobial effect sanitizing the floor and would leave your place smell incredibly good.
Buy it: Cinnamon Oil (1 fl oz), $8.99
2. For glass, refrigerator surface, oven tops, I use dish soap and water or vinegar mixed with soap and clean it first if they are really dirty with grease. Then, I use Magic Microfiber Cleaning Cloth. This microfiber cloth will pick up any dirt and clean thoroughly without leaving streaks.
I love, love this microfiber cloth because you can just wash it with soap and reuses it shortly. You can even boil it to sanitizs with no problem. It dries really quickly in air. (Please do NOT use fabric softener for this if you use a drying machine. It will ruin the microfibers)
3. For my computer and keyboard, I use Clorox Triple Action Dust Wipes. They are a little pricey but really pick up all the dirt in between keys on your keyboard because they are slightly sticky. You can dust the entire room and surfaces with one sheet, so it is worth it. They really leave your computer so clean and it makes me food good.
I am like, “where have you been all my life?”
4. To wash glasses sparking clean, I add a bit of baking soda to dish soap. It leaves no spots on your pretty glasses. I use baking soda everywhere. I also use a toothbrush and paper towel and clean around the faucets with baking soda. Isabela, my friend, recommended getting a large size if you are going to use a lot of it. I couldn't agree more on this!
* If you like this article, please share by clicking on social media buttons on top. Thank you for your support.